- Slytherin House, of course, loves serpents. It is hilarious for you to throw your pet grass snake at us during Care of Magical Creatures. With our finely-developed sense of humor, we will respond by playfully filling your bedwith black mambas.
- Sure, many of us are Death Eaters. But that mostly just means that we’d be glad to have lunch with Death, the enchanting character from the Terry Pratchett Discworld books.
- Social Justice Slytherin have ended our use of the hateful and inappropriate slur “Mudblood”. Now, if we think you have some sort of mud inside of you, we will simply turn you to clay, so that the term becomes descriptive, not pejorative.
- Don’t ask why we have a picture of Hot Silver Fox Severus Snape pinned up in our locker. It’s for, um, inspiration because of his heroism and a grateful remembrance. Yeah, that’s what it is.
- Of course you can have a safeword. Just be aware that it’ll be in Parseltongue.
– Jeff Mach, Jeff Mach Events
Design by Egregore.
Yes, it’s true! We’re making a STEAMPUNK HAUNTED HOUSE!
The Kickstarter goes live on Monday, 8/21/2017; PLEASE DO RSVP for the Facebook event to keep up with the latest info. Fittingly, it will happen in the darkness of the coming eclipse!
We’re so excited that we’ll say it again…
We’re Making A Steampunk Haunted House!
Please click here to view!
There’s a lot of research and discussion below, so if you want the short version, here it is:
The world’s largest Steampunk event, the world’s largest dark/alternative social media site, and an incredible, family-owned, hand-built resort in the Catskills are teaming up to create a Steampunk Haunted House which will be available both to those who travel there, and internationally (through special backer-only shows and live walkthroughs!) That Steampunk Haunted House is actually already 99% completed. We want your help to push it over the top!
Get ready! First 50 backers will be entered into a contest for having a drink with Jeff Mach and members of the Blackthorne and Haunt team!
Just another silly Jeff Mach meme, this one courtesy of Mr. Oscar Wilde.
Yes, folks, tickets for The Geeky Kink Event 2018 are now on-sale at $49, ONLY until Friday, the 25th!
“The Geeky Kink Event” (GKE: New England) will take place Friday through Sunday, August 10th – 12th, 2018 at The Holiday Inn of Hartford, CT.
If you’d like to be a part of the event programming, or join us as a vendor – now is the time to apply!
The programming application for GKE:NE is NOW OPEN.
This application is for presenters of all walks! We also welcome applications from performers such as burlesque troupes and sideshow/circus/fire performers, but please know that space for those is very limited. Please fill the application out as thoroughly as possible to best help us understand your needs, your skills, and what you are offering to the GKE:NE audience in our fifth year!
Acceptances and rejections will be made on a rolling basis, with a new crop of notifications at the end of each month. This application will close on June 15th, 2018 EST. Applicants replying after June 15 will be automatically waitlisted. All applicants will be responded to, be it acceptance, rejection, or request for more info, by midnight on July 1st, 2018 EST.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are applying to present, please DO NOT PURCHASE REGISTRATION AS AN ATTENDEE. We cannot guarantee refunds and it creates extra work and fees to switch registration types. If you are not selected for programming (or another department), you will have the opportunity to purchase your attendee registration after all notifications are out.
We’d like to know what you thought of GKENE this year!
The best way to share your feedback is to fill out the feedback form, so we have all of the feedback in a central location, and everyone who needs to see it at JME can do so!
Thank you. We hope to see you at GKE Classic in November, and at GK:NE 2018 next August.
The hotel will be serving a wonderful buffet for your delectation! Please check out the menu below!