GKE: NE is friendly to various forms of costume and prop weaponry, with reasonable restrictions. We reserve the right to examine your weapons for legality and safety at any time.
- All blades, knives, swords, and weapons must be peace-tied while at the event. Cable ties will be available for peace-tying with our security staff. If it can not be peace-tied then it needs to either go back to your room or vehicle. If you do not have a hotel room or a vehicle, you can leave your weapon in the Public Safety Office.
- Any blade or weapon that is illegal to carry in the state of Connecticut is strictly prohibited at GKE: NE in Exile. Please take the time before the event to review CT law on weapons. A good place to start is The Connecticut Firearms Law Reference Guide (especially pages 46-50).
- No firearms are permitted inside the event.
- Non-firing, replica firearms are permitted inside the event at the sole discretion of our security staff (and only if they comply with CT law – see above). DMs must be informed before beginning any scene involving a non-firing replica weapon. DMs have the right to inspect each weapon before a scene.
- Knife-play is permissible inside private rooms, the dungeon, and knife-play classes only.
- No weapons (including blades, knives, swords, and non-firing replica guns) will be permitted inside the ball-pit, dance party, inflatables, or other high contact area at any time, even if they are peace-tied.
- NERF and other firing toy guns are allowed.
- Please restrict NERF or boffer combat to the designated combat venue.