Geeky Kink Event: New England FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
- When is The Geeky Kink Event: New England?
- The Geeky Kink Event: New England (or GKE: NE) will be held the weekend of August 12-14, 2016.
- Where is The Geeky Kink Event: New England?
- The Radisson of Piscataway
21 Kingsbridge Road
Piscataway, NJ 08854
- Who can go to The Geeky Kink Event: New England?
- The Geeky Kink Event: New England is open to patrons ages 19+. 18 year olds who have or will have graduated high school by August 14th may apply in advance to the Executive Board by asking us for a waiver.
We screen registrants for safety reasons, see here for more information.
- What are the rules?
- Please read and familiarize yourself with the Geeky Kink Event: New England Rules.This includes: General Event Rules, Alcoholic Beverage and Drug Policy, Smoking Policy, Age & Photo ID Policy, Pool Rules, Dress Code, Photo Policy, and Weapons Policy.
Please also read and familiarize yourself with the Jeff Mach Events Harassment Policy
- Is advanced purchase required / Are there tickets at the door?
- Yes, an advance purchase is required. We sell memberships to the Geeky Kink Event: NE online.
Memberships are NOT on sale at the door.
Memberships must be purchased in advance for GKE: NE.
You can purchase memberships online here while sales are open.
Membership sales close approximately 10 days prior to GKE: NE New England.
- Do you run background checks on attendees?
- No, but we do screen attendants against the sex offender database and our ban list.
- Can I buy a single day membership?
- No. All GKE: NE memberships are for the entire 3 day event. You are welcome to purchase a membership and only attend one or two days, but there are no single day prices.
- How much does it cost?
- Registration fee is currently $99. Hardship discounts may be available on a case-by-case basis. Please email [email protected], if you need to request a hardship discount. Registration ends July 29th, 2016.
- Do I need to print anything in advance?
- No. You do not need to bring printed information to GKE: NE. Your registration information will be checked on-site at registration against the government issued photo ID you provide.
- Do I need ID?
- Yes. You must provide a government issued photo ID in order to pick up your Badge. The name on your ID must match the name you registered with. More details in the Age & Photo ID Policy.
- I got here before my friends. Can I pick up their badges?
- NO. For security reasons, you may only pick up your own badge.
- Do I need to print my tickets for catered events?
- No. Tickets for catered events are picked up when you receive your membership badge at GKE: NE.
- If I lose my badge, can I get another?
- You can get one replacement for a lost badge for free. The second one costs $5. You must show your Photo ID to replace a lost badge.
- What can I do at the Box Office?
- Pick up your GKE: NE badge upon presentation and confirmation of identity (Photo ID required)
- Buy tickets to catered events (If space remains. Cash only.)
- What can’t I do at the Box Office?
- The Box Office is unfortunately neither equipped nor trained for the following:
- Lost & Found
- Merch Sales
- Information – we just do tickets, we’re not the info booth, sorry!
- What can I do at The Geeky Kink Event: New England?
- The Geeky Kink Event: New England is a full-fledged, weekend-long kink event for geeky people, including tons of social activities, great classes and workshops, a lovely dungeon, tasty catered events, splendid vendors, and general good times.Peruse the website, geekykinknewengland.com for more details – more information is added as we get closer to the event!
- Is there a schedule?
- The schedule will be online as soon as it is ready, which is likely to be finalized no more than a week before the event. When it is ready you can find it at gkene2015.sched.org and on the The Geeky Kink Event: New England website on the Main Menu.You can use sched as a mobile app and registering on the site lets you make a personal schedule of the things you don’t want to miss. But don’t worry – there will also be paper schedules on site.
- I want to vend at The Geeky Kink Event: New England. How do I apply?
- Vending applications for The Geeky Kink Event: New England 2015 currently closed.
Wait listed vendors will be contacted in case of a vendor cancellation no later than August 1st 2015.
- I want to present at GKE:NE! How do I apply?
- Performer/Presenter applications can be found here.
Acceptances and rejections will be made on a rolling basis, with a new crop of notifications at the end of each month.
This application will close on July 1st, 2015. All applicants will be responded to, be it acceptance, rejection, or request for more info, by July 8th, 2015.
- I want to volunteer at The Geeky Kink Event: New England. How do I do that?
- We accept volunteers to help with many aspects of running The Geeky Kink Event: New England. Volunteers get a special rate on tickets, and other perks. Apply to volunteer here.
- What if I have more questions?
- Fill out our contact form, or talk to us on Fetlife.com at The GKE New England Group; and/or The General Geeky Kink Event Group!